Dr. Lauren is so excited to announce that in April 2020, we will be hosting our first ever Confident Childbirth Class at Hartville Health and Wellness Centre!
The class, taught by Amy Julian, RN, LCCE, PCD, CLC, will take the mystery out of birth and provide you with the tools you need to make informed decisions about your birth and your baby. Our goal is to educate and empower you to make birth the way that is right for YOU! The class will be a five-week course consisting of two-and-a-half-hour classes each week that should be completed by your 37th week of pregnancy.
Topics covered will include:
- Week 1: Late pregnancy, and anatomy and physiology of birth
- Week 2: Normal labor and birth, and comfort measures
- Week 3: Possible medical interventions
- Week 4: Postpartum and breastfeeding
- Week 5: Infant care, “The Five S’s”, and labor rehearsal
This course gives the evidence-based information you need to make informed decisions for your birth. We are thrilled to be able to offer this class in our office to any prenatal women whether or not you are a patient in our office! Call Hartville Health and Wellness Centre at 330-877- 3177 to get on the list for the April class. Limited spaces are available!